Thursday, March 10, 2011

100 Days!

Yup, today is my 100-day mark since my surgery, which was the time that the doctor told me I needed to be extra careful. He said that full recovery will be a year but this first 100 days were "critical"...and so I am glad they are over...

And I feel great! I forget I've even had surgery most of the time, even when I'm eating I don't often think of it, but do remember most of the time to take tiny bites and eat slowly. But this is truly my new normal, and doesn't feel strange anymore.

My weight loss from the surgery seems to have let up, which is fine with me. I'm still a fat lady :) but this is how I've chosen to stay for the last 6+ years after my 90# weight loss in 2004 after changing my diet to a low carb/high fat plan. I will probably continue to lose, but it will be at my pace, and by my own choice as I adjust macronutrient levels to lose or level off as I see fit.

Overall, I am still so thankful that I've been able to have this surgery and that my life is so much better now! I have so much energy without the constant pain, the only thing stopping me is arthritis (spine, hips, right knee and foot) but I can take drugs for that and keep on going!

So this is my new life, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment