Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 17 - 3 Steps Forward, 2 Steps Back

(NOTE: If you are seeing this on Facebook, please go to my blog - chiachatter.blogspot.com - to see my whole post. I don't make my points in the first paragraph, which is all that shows up on my Facebook page :).)

Awful day today. That's what I get for bragging about how well I was doing yesterday, I guess! Lots of pain with any movement at all, ate ok but my tummy never did feel exactly comfortable with food today. And my body was so exhausted I slept all afternoon - even after a pretty good night's sleep! So what is it telling me, that I'm doing too much? Or simply that it needs a day of rest to do what it's trying to do? I choose the latter.

And my mantra today has been something that Anne H wrote on my blog back on Day 4: "Recovery is not always linear!" I love that, and it fits perfectly and reminds me that my body is doing the right things - just not at the steady pace I want it to do.

Lord, thank you for this lesson in patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment