Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 30 [ #lowcarb #fundoplication ]

(NOTE: If you are seeing this on Facebook, please go to my blog - cheapeasylowcarb.blogspot.com - to see my whole post. I don't make my points in the first paragraph, which is all that shows up on my Facebook page :).)

Today I had my first sandwich since my surgery, made on Oopsies. It had ham and havarti cheese and dijon mustard. And it was good. Tomorrow I am looking forward to a grilled cheese sandwich, now that I have a huge bunch of oopsie slices stockpiled.

I also had 2 fried eggs, part of a banana, and the rest of my SF chocolate pudding. And lots of tea of course. And a protein shake because I know I am not eating enough.

Weight continues to drop off of me, not because I want it to, but because it is a side effect of the surgery. I will have to deal with the ramifications of all that as they come but it is what it is. I don't know how much weight I've lost, I only know that my clothes are getting so loose, and I see and feel the changes in my body. And my knees are thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for posting all of this great information! I am having the surgery this Friday and all of the details you've shared have given me a much better idea of what to expect.

    I didn't read your entire history, mainly just post-op but I'm having the surgery because my esophagus became so ulcerated after several previous ulcertations, and I became so anemic I almost died.

    I had spinal surgery in December and can't believe I'm having another major surgery in June! Either way I have two small children and a very busy full time job so I'll do what I have to do.

    The good thing is it sounds like I'll lose weight! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome :). I hope that it all goes well for you, please let me know how you are doing afterward ok?

    ReplyDelete