Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Going Home - Day 13

I am so very very thankful for this time to recover at my sister's house for the last 8 days! The whole family has be so helpful, and as I have been gaining strength they have offered whatever support I needed. This has been an extremely important part of my continuing recovery and there are no words to thank them enough!

This afternoon I see my surgeon in Midland. My husband will meet us there, and then take me home. I am ready I think. I have warned him that I can't just pick up where I left off on November 30th. I can take care of myself, pretty much. I can do some things. I need to walk and exercise. But I can't lift, still have pain with twisting or stretching or reaching, and still can't reach down to the floor from a standing position to pick something up. But I will be home, and I will do what I can and continue to push myself a little bit each day.

Last night, going to the Bug Man Christmas party at Hershey's in East Lansing, was great! It felt so good to go out for supper and spend time with friends! I had been concerned about what I'd be able to eat but they had some potato-crusted cod, and I ordered a baked potato without the skin. The cod was AMAZING and I ate about a dozen bites. I sliced the end off the potato and smashed it and buttered it well, and it too was absolutely delicious! But of course the company was the best :). The guys and their wives are all delightfully wonderfully nice and funny (loved Rick's quote, "If you're going to be stupid you'd better be tough!"), and there is always a lot of laughter and fellowship in Christ! What a great group I work with, even though Christmas is the only time I see them - lol. But now I can't wait to get back to work in the spring!

I'm still in bed but need to get up and showered and packed, and eat some leftover cod and potato for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment